Edible Peace Patch Blogs

Check out our other blogs here: http://peacepatch.org/blogs.htm

Thursday, December 1, 2011

I Garden, Therefore I Am

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.  ~Mirabel Osler

 What a beautiful day it was in the garden today!  While it was a bit chilly, the sun warmed my fellow gardeners and myself rather nicely and the sky was wonderfully blue!  The progress I have seen in the garden is incredible.  We have full sized okra, beets, squash, radishes, carrots, green beans, and a plethora of green tomatoes well on their way to ripening.  

The sweet potatoes are especially enormous!

Today the kids did their final assessment.  It was absolutely wonderful and amazing to see how much they absorbed this semester.  At the beginning of this year, I could hardly get them to give a cohesive response to the questions and today, giving nearly the same assessment, they got all the answers right!  I am quite excited for the Harvest Festival next week.  Being a part of this project has confirmed for me that I want to teach and grow my own food for the rest of my life!


Until next time,

Elena






No comments:

Post a Comment