Edible Peace Patch Blogs

Check out our other blogs here: http://peacepatch.org/blogs.htm

Friday, April 10, 2009

We have zucchini!

It seems like every time I have come to the garden in the past week there is a new plant that is producing vegetables. Today, for the first time I caught a glimpse of the new zucchini and squealed like a little girl.

Certain things are thriving in the Peace Patch like broccoli and squash while others aren’t doing so hot. I am really disappointed that most of the sugar snap peas bit the dust but life goes on. Keishon, Anthony, Cortez, and John from Ms. Davis’ class came out at 9 this morning and we drenched the garden and sampled a few vegetables. We found out that raw potatoes aren’t so tasty! The time we spent with them flew by faster than usual and I was sad to see them go. The rest of our shift was spent weeding and doing follow up watering. I continued the seemingly never ending process of repairing the trellises. It turns out that good old fashioned twine works like a charm to stabilize the joints.
I am excited about the next two weeks when the rest of plants will flower and fruit. The Harvest Festival is coming in just 13 days and I can’t wait to see what we will have to eat!

A couple of short clips from the garden today:



No comments:

Post a Comment